Everyone love cake and everyone love lemons, right? So what next I will show you is the Yummilicious recipe of our favourite Lemon Drizzle CAKE in a way quicker and easy method.
So let’s get started with the basic Ingredients :-
• 4 Eggs
• 250gms Unsalted butter
• 250gms Caster sugar
• Finely grated zest 1 lemon
• 250gms Self-raising flour
Here we go with the Method :-
• Heat up the oven to 180C fan / 160C gas.
• Beat up all the caster sugar and Unsalted butter untill creamy and pale
• Add 4 eggs, one at a time, slowly mixing through
• Sift in all the flour & add the finely grated zest of 1 lemon and mix until completely combined
• Line a loaf tin ( 8 x 21 ) with greaseproof paper, then spoon in the mixture and level the top with a spoon
Bake For 40-50 Minutes. ( Until the thin skewer inserted into the center of the cake comes out cleanly.
• While the cake is getting cooled down, mix the juice of 1 1/2 lemon and 80gms of caster sugar to make the drizzle
• Prick the warm cake all over with fork or skrewer, then pour over the drizzle.
• The juice will sink in and the caster sugar will form a yummy crisp topping.
• Leave it in the tin until it cooles down
And your Yummiest Ever Lemon Drizzle Cake Is Ready To Serve!
Keep it in a airtight container to save up for 3-4 days or in freezer for 1 month !